Thursday, February 11, 2010

My dinner 2/11/10

I believe in real food. Im not a fan of prepackaged dinners, or premade foods. So I tend to create my own meals, and my own snacks.

Dinner tonight, was a first. Im a big fan of chicken. There are sooo many ways to make it that can be very good for you. A 3oz chicken breast is 3 pts.
Now 3 oz is a lot of meat. I figure a 4oz breast is bout 4pts. I buy the boneless skinless kind, and theres no fat on them.

I simply set the oven at 350 degrees
I had a packet of parmesean shake and bake. Put a bit of that in a bowl.
Cut a breast into strips( got bout 5-6 strips) and mix in the bowl of shake n bake. I laid them on a cookie sheet, sprayed with a bit of pam and baked them for 20 minutes.

While the oven was still hot, i washed and sliced a sweet potato into steak size fries, put them on another cookie sheet and baked them for 25-30 minutes. A sprinkle of salt and they are perfect. A 7oz sweet potato is 3pts.

Ingrediants needed for this meal

3-4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
Packet of shake and bake or finely crushed seasoned crumbs
7oz sweet potato
Dash of salt.

I cook for 1 Since I am single and live pretty much alone. These recipes are for 1 person. The pts for this emal is 6-7pts.

Happy eating
ChristieE
2/11/10

1 comment: